Saturday, September 27, 2008

England: Week One... by Owen

What follows are stories from our trip as told by the star of the show
- Owen Ambrose Tuohy



Friday, Aug 29 - Friday, September 5:

After a very strange 24 hours stuck on mum's chest and vibrating bizarrely we got out of the strange cylindrical car and mum said "We're in England." She mentions England lot, but I had never been told I was in it before, so I had a look around and didn't notice that I was in much of anything at all. Then Aunty Emma arrived and gave me kisses which was nice and we all squeezed into a tiny tiny car (about 1/4 the size of our truck). I was in a new car seat which I liked very much as I could fall asleep very comfortably in it. Mummy loaded our gazillion bags into the tiny tiny car and off we went.

"Being in England" was lots of fun. Here are some of my favorite memories:

I met someone called Big Owen, who was very nice and threw me into the air a lot - which was very new for me, but I enjoyed it. I did not enjoy being taken to lots of shops with mummy and Aunty Emma, so I told her so in no uncertain terms. You would've thought she would've learned by now.

After traveling in the tiny tiny car again we landed somewhere called Battersea, which was very pretty and reminded me of home as there were lots of trees. Something rather strange happened when we went for a walk with my godmother Henrie, water was falling out of the air and I wasn't in my bathtub. I got quite wet, which was fun, although mummy didn't seem to think so.

We spent a lot of time walking, me in my bob or in my ergo, which I much prefer to the bob. We walked through Regent's Park, Primrose Hill, Oxford Street, Knightsbridge, basically all over this place called London. Although, whenever the water came back (which was often) we'd get into a huge red car with lots of other people who wouldn't talk to me unless I screamed at them.

Mummy seemed to be having a really good time though, she went to lots of shops and restaurants with all my Aunties and I got lots and lots of hugs and kisses. I didn't enjoy the shops and restaurants so much, but I loved seeing all the different people. There were so many different shapes and colors, very different from home, and they all smiled at me (eventually).

My favorite day in London however, was when we hung out with Aunty Rozzi and her little girl Lucy in a place called Tooting - although I really didn't toot much at all. We went to Music and Me class where I played with musical instruments and sung and danced lots and lots. It was so much fun, I laughed and laughed and played and played and loved seeing all the big boys and girls banging drums and clapping their hands!
I Love London!

This was when we went to dinner in Chelsea with Aunty Hannah (and her bump) and Aunty Esther, who mummy has known since she was 7 years old!


Here I am hanging out with my favorite godmother - Henrie, in her fun house in Battersea. We spent lots of time here watching men with funny accents rip up lots of carpet.


Here I am with Big Owen. I can see why he's called Big Owen as he's a lot bigger than me.


Here I am with Big Owen & Aunty Emma in their lovely house in Surrey.


This is Aunty Rozzi & her niece singing and laughing at music and me, which was my all time favouritist day in London!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So cute! I love hearing it from Mr. Little Owen's perspective ;)